West County Net is seeking a talented WordPress developer to join our innovative team. This role will be a full time development position focusing on new builds and existing site maintenance. This developer must have strong fundamental knowledge of both front-end and back-end programming and the ability to develop site architecture from the ground up.
The ideal candidate will have complete knowledge of building WordPress Themes and Plugins from scratch, and have a strong understanding of the WordPress core.
The chosen Developer will be comfortable working alongside both creative designers and SEO-specialists to ensure a successful project. The position requires a truly seasoned developer who is dedicated to the goals of the team and the client.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build WordPress responsive websites from our own base theme
- Back-end coding of site structure and functionality
- Front-end coding of templates using bootstrap 4 grid, jQuery, and custom CSS frameworks
- Create custom WordPress functionality to achieve the goals of the clients project
- Work in collaboration with CTO, Digital Specialists and Design to the completion of projects
- Plan and implement website content and data sitemaps into fully customized WordPress architectures
- Maintain current code base for wide range of clients
- Review code and maintain best-practices for frontend development.
- Continue to expand knowledge of new technologies, as well as strengthen current knowledge base
- Follow the latest advancements in frontend technologies and techniques.
- Expert understanding of WordPress theme and plugin development
- Experienced with Advanced Custom Fields and Gravity Forms and their customization hooks
- Experience with customizing WooCommerce beyond Plugin modification
- Fluent in HTML5/CSS3 and able to develop valid client-side markup
- Expert knowledge of CSS support for both modern and legacy browsers
- Able to derive and innovate responsive design practices and layouts without full design direction
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an affinity for problem-solving
- Ability to self-manage during projects and proactively raise issues/concerns to the team
- A desire to own a project from beginning to end, with a strong sense of pride in a job exceptionally done
- Able to multitask and organize task flow to dynamically jump between projects
- Experience with Node and NPM
- Experience with React and VueJS
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with Gutenberg Editor and creating custom blocks